Tuesday, May 7, 2013

blog 13


My favorite poem was “The Colonel” because it seems so farfetched, yet really took place.

My least favorite poem was “Ode on a Grecian Urn” because it was too long, and hard to understand.

 
My favorite short story was “Orientation” because I could just picture this happening, and it made me laugh.

My least favorite short story was “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings” because to me it was not a well written story. It was hard to follow, and I didn’t see the significance of it.  

I don’t really have a preference either way if next semester’s students should read Death of a Salesman. I do feel, however, if they need to write a paper on something that is contrasting, that there should be enough of a contrast to write about.
 
I did enjoy the Hollywood versions of the movies. I feel that there was a use in seeing them, that way you can get a sense of characters.
 
I don’t have a favorite or least favorite in-class activity. They were all equal to me.
 
I don’t think students should have to lead class discussions. I feel if a student wants to participate, great. If not, they shouldn’t have to. 
 
I really enjoyed the creative blog entries. I liked all of the poetry blogs because they let me express myself. My least favorite blogs would be the test prep ones.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the class discussions. I felt no one wanted to participate because it was too pressured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciated your poetry blogs as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete