Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue


 

The house was settling down for the evening. The smell of dinner was permeating the air; mom and dad were discussing the day’s events. I was doing my homework, trying to figure out the difference between the radius and the circumference of a circle, when out bounced my brother from the back room. With every step, he coughed. Mom didn’t look happy.

“Ryan come here, you need to take some medicine.”

“NO!” Ryan yelled.

“Yes, you have to stop coughing.”

“I don’t want to.”

“I understand, but you have to take the medicine. Go get some water, that will help.”

“Ok,” he sighed.

Ryan starts to take the medicine, then goes to the sink and spits it out.

“That is terrible! I’m not taking that!”

“You have to, it’s the only medicine we have for you, the other one is night-time, and I’m not giving that to you at 5:30 in the evening.”

“I want the one that tastes like Kool-Aid.”

“We don’t have that one, this is it.”

“Then I’ll cough, I’m not taking it!”

“You have to! Take it now, and quit being a baby.”

My brother yells, “I DON’T WANT TO!” as he runs down the hallway to his bedroom, slamming the door. Mom is close behind, mumbling as she goes.

“Ryan Austin! You WILL take that medicine RIGHT NOW!”

“NO!”

Mom walks out, looking defeated. She continues her way into the kitchen, and finishes up dinner.

Ryan comes out, smiling and coughing, knowing he will not have to take the medicine, unconcerned about annoying us all.

3 comments:

  1. Good use of the real Dialogue to really show what each person was getting across, the caps you used really showed the yelling that was going back and forth as well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Dialogue, The way it was laid out made me feel like I was right there watching this happen. Also This story was quite funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Robert about this being funny. I think you could have ended it ironically with "Ryan comes out, smiling and coughing." The rest is definitely implied! :)

    ReplyDelete